Pages

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Sick and Complaining

So remember when I vowed to workout hard about a week ago.  Yeah, that worked.  For 2.5 days.  But this time it wasn't weak will, but the cold from hell.  I know, I am a baby to whine and complain about a freaking cold.  If that is my biggest ailment, I will count my blessings.  But it has been absolutely miserable.  Let me give the play-by-play for a moment to justify just how bad I've been feeling...

Wednesday and Thursday I wasn't feeling quite right. Sore throat, tired, achey.  Wednesday I cut my run short, Thursday I rested.  I knew the crud some of my co-workers had and I wanted to avoid it.  Rest is best.  Friday was congestion, sore throat, and headache.  Saturday was much of the same until that evening.  Worst. Heachache. Ever.  Throbbing, accompanied by dizziness with every movement.  I did the sensible thing and called my mom to complain.  She goes "you don't think it's an aneurism, do you?"  Well, not till that moment!  It was one of those things that I was 99.9% sure was not true, but it was a nagging thought in my head as I couldn't sleep that night.  I was also incredibly nauseous, running to the bathroom repeatedly, but never actually throwing up.  Sunday was a bit better, then Monday and today (Tuesday) was full on snot-fest.  Ok, enough whining.  It's a cold.  I will survive.

This has put a wrench in my workout plans.  The logical side of me knows it is not a big deal.  I will work out through a lot, but not this, I could barely function.  Maybe some tough guy out there would, but not me.  I know it is December, a long, long ways from race season.  But, it is suppose to be test week- time to find out what gains I have made in the 7 weeks of the OutSeason so far.  And instead, I feel like I am losing every single gain.

The most frustrating part is that last Monday, when I resolved to workout hard, I felt so in control.  This time was going to be different.  I was going to get it together.  And then this happened.  A stupid little cold, but it knocked me off my tracks.  I will get better, and I won't even remember this come race time, but right now, I just feel liking sitting in a corner and feeling sorry for myself.  And that is exactly what I've been doing... 

No comments:

Post a Comment